Here is how you can clear cache and cookies in Google Chrome on Android. It may be useful in the following cases:
- you are troubleshooting various glitches in Chrome (such as not playing videos);
- you want to clear your information to be sure no one can steal your logins, passwords and other sensitive data;
- you wish to make Chrome work a bit faster.
We will illustrate the guide using screenshots taken on Google Pixel device under Android 8.
When Do I Need To Clear Cache and Cookies?
Note that you don’t need to wipe out the cookie-files unless you are eager to share your android device with another person or you wish to be 100% confident that nobody will gain access to your accounts using Chrome even if you lose your device.
Cookies do not use much storage. So there is no point in clearing them to free up space in memory. But except providing privacy deleting the cookie files sometimes helps to troubleshoot some browser-related issues and glitches.
Another thing you need to know is that if you clear cookies you will log out from all websites. This means that you will need to enter your logins and passwords everywhere again to authenticate.
But cleaning the browser cache is much more useful feature. First of all it can free memory a lot. This is especially demanded procedure for those who own old or cheap mobile devices and constantly experiences the lack of free internal storage.
Also clearing the cache often helps fix many common issues with mobile browsers – for instance, when your Chrome won’t play YouTube videos on Android. Do not hesitate to delete cache. It won’t do any harm. The only disputable impact is that you may waste a bit more mobile data to download all websites’ content (like images) from a scratch after you have cleared the Chrome’s cache.
Clear Cache and Cookies in Chrome on Android
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top right corner of the screen:
- Select Settings:
- In the Advanced section tap Privacy:
- Scroll down and tap Clear browsing data:
- Select All time in the Time rage.
- Mark Cookies and site data and Cached images and files.
- Tap CLEAR DATA:
- Tap CLEAR to finally delete cache, cookies and another stuff you selected: